CDL Driver- Brockton, MA location
New England Scaffolding in Brockton, MA is looking for a CDL Delivery Driver.
We offer full benefits- health insurance, dental insurance, paid vacation/sick time, and a 401K retirement plan.
- Deliver materials to the customer, which includes assistance with unloading, ensuring delivery of ticket with material, and collecting payment, if necessary
- Pick up customer returns, validating product match for credit requests as necessary
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections, fuel the truck as needed, and report any problems or issues to supervisor
- Comply with all DOT (Department of Transportation) standards and regulations
- Assist Warehouse personnel with pulling and preparing orders for shipment as needed, as well as receiving, verifying, staging and stocking incoming material.
- Perform Pre- and Post-trip inspections as required by DOT
- Drives truck to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicles in difficult situations, such as narrow passageways.
- Inspects trucks for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck conditions.
- Maintains driver log according to DOT regulations and other federal and company required records/logs.
- May be required to perform product backhaul when returning from dispatched route. Unloads/loads product at site locations
- Functions as company representative to customer, properly represents company interest and image in all dealings with customers.
- Responsible for securing cargo
- Assist inventorying crew trucks to ensure all the necessary equipment and material is stocked
- Performs related tasks including yard maintenance
- Other duties as requested by Supervisor
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) from state of residence
- Minimum of 3 months driving experience
- Must successfully pass a minimum of a 6-month DOT physical, pre-placement drug screen and satisfactory background check
- Must have acceptable driving record in accordance with MATCOR/Brand’s Vehicle Policy
- Must demonstrate ability to work safely and adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in performing work in the field
- Ability to use an electronic time tracking system
- Must be able to lift and carry 75 lbs.
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to work long hours such as 12 hour shifts
- Must work well with others and be willing to learn from mentors and others in the shop and field.
To apply, please send a resume in Word or PDF format to VStonkus@nescaffold.com or applications can be obtained in office Monday-Friday 8:00am-4pm.
New England Scaffolding & Services, LLC (NES) is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
NES is also an E-Verify participant. If you need disability accommodations, please contact us at (281)479-3506.