MA Branch Hiring for a Warehouse Manager
The Warehouse Manager coordinates and supervises warehouse, inventory, and customer service operations in a Branch Office to maximize branch revenue and profitability.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Supervise and coordinate scaffolding inventory management activities to maximize equipment usage rates. Produce equipment for jobs. Provide for timely and accurate pickup and delivery of scaffolding inventory to fulfill customer expectations. Process inventory reporting, balance inventory levels, and move and/or receive equipment from other branches to meet customer needs. Control inventory levels to reduce costs, while fulfilling customer expectations. Maintain continuous contact with customers and field personnel to reconcile service requirements with available materials. Complete and input customer orders.
Supervise warehouse activities to fulfill customer requirements. Prioritize work and alter the work schedule to deal with shifting priorities during the workday or week. Train employees in new and/or improved work techniques. Provide training relating to and enforce safety regulations. Comply with federal (OSHA) and state safety rules and maintain safety and occupational health related reporting.
Supervise equipment maintenance efforts to maximize equipment availability. Oversee fleet management and insure compliance with DOT regulations. Schedule delivery truck and fork truck fleet preventative maintenance and coordinate daily equipment checks.
Supervise and/or perform customer service related activities. Review sales staff generated material lists for accuracy and/or missing items. Provide for count accuracy of outbound/inbound shipments. Coordinate office staff work activities to catch and remedy equipment shortages.
Provide leadership to and manage the work activities of direct reports (directly) and other branch employees (indirectly). Develop and continuously monitor personal performance management plans.
Directly supervises yard and warehouse personnel. Carries out supervisory duties in accordance with company policies and applicable employment laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.)
- Requires education generally equivalent to a High School diploma. It is desirable for the incumbent to have attained additional business related education, such as an Associate’s Degree in Business.
- Requires 2 to 5 years of operations management experience.
- It is desirable for the incumbent to have previous experience in the construction industry.
- Requires formal forklift training and 1-3 years of experience.
- Requires PC proficiency, specifically with Microsoft Office programs such as Excel.
- Requires excellent oral and written, skills to effectively communicate with employees, customers, and personnel at other branch offices.
- Requires strong leadership abilities to inspire and coach employees to accomplish strategic goals and related tasks. This includes abilities that correspond to leadership, such as recruiting, selecting, training, motivating employees, and managing employee performance, developing and executing strategic business plans, and developing and administering operating budgets.
- Requires ability to process complex time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions based on this data, and to effectively communicate the related required actions to customers and subordinate personnel.
- Requires proficiency in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and basic business math.
- Requires the ability to think critically and problem solve
- Requires good organizational skills and good judgment in making decisions
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
To apply for this position, please send a resume to Larissa.Al-Madi@nescaffold.com
NES is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. NES is also an E-Verify participant.