Multi Branch EHS Manager
The Multi-Branch EHS Manager will work in the New England Scaffolding (NES) Region, under the supervision of the Director of EHS – North and the NES General Manager to provide expertise in the Safety, Health, and Environmental areas to prevent and mitigate employee injuries and illnesses. Work with, branch and field management to promote effective safety programs at their assigned branch(s) and job sites within their region. Ensure the Company remains in compliance with governmental regulations such as OSHA, DOT, MSHA, EPA, and NFPA.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices; Develop hazard control designs, methods, procedures, and programs; Implement, administer and advise others on hazard controls and hazard control programs; and Measure, audit and evaluate the effectiveness of hazard controls and hazard control programs.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Employee / Supervisor / Temporary Employee Training: Facilitate, document, and ensure all employees, supervisors, and temporary employees receive the company’s required safety training. Conduct safety meetings and training programs for all employees.
- Branch, Field and Job Site Inspections & Observations: Perform job hazard analysis to identify hazards within the workplace. Requires the ability to climb scaffold and enter confined spaces on job sites. Coach and guide employees and management regarding safety compliance issues and safe product applications.
- Regulatory Compliance: Assist with the administration of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations such as OSHA, DOT, MSHA, EPA, and NFPA.
- Customer Interface: Participate in safety initiatives, meetings and program as required by the customer. May provide customer safety training as approved by the Corporate Training Department. Work with job site safety personnel to identify and resolve safety issues.
- Incident / Accident Investigation & Reporting: Investigate incidents involving company property, employees, or temporary employees. Prepare documentation to ensure an adequate investigation and preservation of evidence is completed.
- Medical Interface: Coordinate transportation of injured or ill employees to medical facilities. May work with medical providers and Safway’s Risk Management Department to ensure the procedure requirements of the Safway’s return to work program are followed.
- Administrative: Carry out supervisory duties in accordance with safety company policies and collective bargaining agreements. Compile management reports and assist with OSHA recordkeeping requirements. Manage any Safway authorized safety incentive program at their assigned branch and/or job sites. Administer the emergency response procedures for the branch and/or job site locations. Oversee and approve the purchase of branch and/or job site specific safety equipment for employees. Maintain up to date training certificate records for all employees.
DESCRIPTION OF NONESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Be an active member of at least one safety management trade organization.
- Review new products and services offered by various safety and scaffolding contractors and trade organizations.
- Where applicable, establish working relationship with local labor unions, contractor/customer safety committees.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.)
- Strong leadership abilities to inspire and coach employees to accomplish strategic goals.
- Experience in the construction industry with an emphasis on the scaffolding segment. Requires experience in presenting training materials in a group setting.
- Advance knowledge and understanding of current construction and general industry safety regulations and the ability to analyze and interpret this data for the safety of employees, job sites, and the branch.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills to effectively train, motivate, and communicate with employees, supervisors and customers.
- Above average computer skills with the ability to proficiently use the Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving history
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING REQUIRED:
- Wear hard hats, safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, and hearing protection, as needed, while visiting construction job sites. Industrial sites may require the wearing of Nomex, Flame Resistant Clothing or equivalent clothing. In the event of a job requirement where a respirator must be worn, a medical evaluation and a respiratory fit test will be conducted per OSHA regulations
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions..)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required talk and hear. The employee must regularly sit, use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls, stand, walk, and travel away from the branch to multiple job sites to perform job duties and branch locations. The employee is occasionally required to climb to high elevations and work in precarious places, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and/or reach above shoulders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be medically evaluated and cleared to wear the appropriate respiratory equipment.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- The employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places, up to and over 100 feet; may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals in hazardous waste facilities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be loud while working in the yard area or at a construction job site.
To apply for this position please send a resume and cover letter to Vstonkus@nescaffold.com
BrandSafway is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. BrandSafway is also an E-Verify participant.
The above statements reflect the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.